Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris injured in Canucks game
Morris was injured at some point during the first period and only saw 3:05 of ice time.
Head coach Dave Tippett said after the game he was unsure if Morris would be available for Phoenix's Wednesday game in Anaheim.
"I said, 'How you doing?' and he said, 'Alright,' but I haven't talked to anybody yet," Tippett said of his only conversation with Morris after the injury.
"He was telling me it might have been an injury from a few days ago that just kind of cramped up on him, so we'll see. I don't think it's too serious."
The Coyotes will certainly miss Morris if he is out for an extended period. DMo was riding a three-game point streak prior to the injury. He is currently third among all NHL defensemen in points with 10 and has been a huge force on the Coyotes blue line all season.
However, Tippett said his team can likely cope with a small injury to Morris thanks to some returning players.
"We've got [David] Rundblad there and [David] Schlemko is really close, so we'll see where we are [Wednesday] night and one of those guys will go in if [Morris] can't play."
The Coyotes are no stranger to defensive injuries this season. Morris missed time earlier this season and Tuesday saw defenseman Rostislav Klesla return from injured reserve. Schlemko has also been injured this season.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?