Ohio casino pays homage to 'A Christmas Story'
CLEVELAND (AP) - Cleveland's casino will mark the 30th anniversary of the movie "A Christmas Story," parts of which were filmed in the department store that now houses the casino.
The Horseshoe Casino Cleveland opened last year in the old Higbee building downtown. It says the movie will be highlighted throughout the casino during the season.
The Higbee building and its holiday-decorated windows had a starring role in the 1983 film. This year, the casino will re-create the nostalgic animatronic holiday scenes that adorned the store's street-level windows back in the day.
Cleveland also is home to "A Christmas Story" House and Museum. That's the house where hero Ralphie Parker lived in movie. The museum also is planning 30th anniversary events.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.