Jobing.com Arena beer prices sixth-most expensive among NHL venues
Attendance, however, is down by more than 1,500 fans per night on average, from more than 13,900 in 2012-13 to fewer than 12,400 so far this year.
That can't be due to the ownership's zeal for fan support, organizing tailgating parties, supporting the victims of the Yarnell Hill fire with an intrasquad scrimmage and pushing for the NHL All-Star Game to take place in Glendale.
And it also can't be due to the Coyotes' home performance. They are undefeated in regulation at Jobing.com Arena, at 8-0-1, and they are tied for second in the Western conference with 28 points.
Hopefully, it's not the high-priced beer that's keeping fans from trekking out west to Glendale to watch the 'Hungrier Than Ever' Coyotes. According to saveonbrew.com, a 16 oz. beer at Jobing.com Arena runs a fan $9.00. Only five NHL arenas have higher-priced beer than Jobing, according to the report, with two arenas selling beer for the same price per ounce. Twenty two venues, meanwhile, sell beer for less.
The Washington Capitals' Verizon Center sells the cheapest beer among NHL venues, says the site, at $8.00 for a 24 oz. beer, while the New York Rangers' Madison Square Garden has the most expensive brew in the NHL, at $8.75 for a 12 oz. beer.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?