Gyllenhaal gets stitches after intense movie scene
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Jake Gyllenhaal needed stitches after shooting an intense scene for his new film, "Nightcrawler."
A spokeswoman for Gyllenhaal says the 32-year-old actor returned to work Thursday for a final day of filming after a few hours in the emergency room.
Mara Buxbaum said Gyllenhaal was in character Wednesday when he hit a mirror, which unexpectedly broke and cut his hand. She said it was "badly cut up" and required "numerous stiches."
"Nightcrawler" is a crime drama also starring Rene Russo and Bill Paxton. The film is set for release next year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!