Gyllenhaal gets stitches after intense movie scene
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Jake Gyllenhaal needed stitches after shooting an intense scene for his new film, "Nightcrawler."
A spokeswoman for Gyllenhaal says the 32-year-old actor returned to work Thursday for a final day of filming after a few hours in the emergency room.
Mara Buxbaum said Gyllenhaal was in character Wednesday when he hit a mirror, which unexpectedly broke and cut his hand. She said it was "badly cut up" and required "numerous stiches."
"Nightcrawler" is a crime drama also starring Rene Russo and Bill Paxton. The film is set for release next year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.