'Mission: Impossible 5' gets Christmas 2015 release
The studio announced the film will have a Dec. 25, 2015 release date, which will make it a very busy holiday season for director J.J. Abrams. According to Variety, "Star Wars: Episode VII," also directed by Abrams, debuts in theaters just one week before.
It's certainly a good way to kill two birds with one stone. Two very stealthy birds with laser eyes and lightsaber wings.
Tom Cruise will reprise his role as spy Ethan Hunt, while the return of actors Jane Carter, William Brandt and Luther Stickell is still rumored.
The release will come about four years after the franchise's fourth installment, "Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol." That film brought in $700 million after its release.
After five films in the franchise, we're beginning to think those missions aren't so impossible for agent Hunt. But another chance to see Tom Cruise onscreen, who's complaining?
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?