Obama names actor Kal Penn to arts panel
WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House says President Barack Obama is appointing actor Kal Penn to be a member of the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities.
The actor's legal name is Kalpen Modi. He's best known to film and television audiences for his roles in "Harold and Kumar" and "House."
He's also no stranger to the White House. Penn worked previously for Obama in the White House's Office of Public Engagement. He was a major draw last year at the Democratic convention with a good-humored speech asking voters to stay engaged.
The actor returned to the White House in July along with singer Jennifer Hudson and actress Amy Poehler to promote Obama's health care law.
Obama made the announcement Monday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?