Obama names actor Kal Penn to arts panel
WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House says President Barack Obama is appointing actor Kal Penn to be a member of the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities.
The actor's legal name is Kalpen Modi. He's best known to film and television audiences for his roles in "Harold and Kumar" and "House."
He's also no stranger to the White House. Penn worked previously for Obama in the White House's Office of Public Engagement. He was a major draw last year at the Democratic convention with a good-humored speech asking voters to stay engaged.
The actor returned to the White House in July along with singer Jennifer Hudson and actress Amy Poehler to promote Obama's health care law.
Obama made the announcement Monday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.