Obama names actor Kal Penn to arts panel
WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House says President Barack Obama is appointing actor Kal Penn to be a member of the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities.
The actor's legal name is Kalpen Modi. He's best known to film and television audiences for his roles in "Harold and Kumar" and "House."
He's also no stranger to the White House. Penn worked previously for Obama in the White House's Office of Public Engagement. He was a major draw last year at the Democratic convention with a good-humored speech asking voters to stay engaged.
The actor returned to the White House in July along with singer Jennifer Hudson and actress Amy Poehler to promote Obama's health care law.
Obama made the announcement Monday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!