Coyotes recall defenseman Klesla, send Brown to Portland
The Phoenix Coyotes have recalled the 13-year veteran from AHL-affliate Portland two days after they waived him.
Klesla, who has one goal and two assists this season, cleared waivers, went unclaimed on the open market earlier this week.
Unless general manager Don Maloney can find a trade partner for Klesla's services, the Coyotes will have to pay the final year of his four-year, $11.9 million contract.
Chris Brown, who was recalled by Phoenix earlier in the week, was sent back to Portland in a corresponding move.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.