Coyotes recall defenseman Klesla, send Brown to Portland
The Phoenix Coyotes have recalled the 13-year veteran from AHL-affliate Portland two days after they waived him.
Klesla, who has one goal and two assists this season, cleared waivers, went unclaimed on the open market earlier this week.
Unless general manager Don Maloney can find a trade partner for Klesla's services, the Coyotes will have to pay the final year of his four-year, $11.9 million contract.
Chris Brown, who was recalled by Phoenix earlier in the week, was sent back to Portland in a corresponding move.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!