Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
Radim Vrbata, Shane Doan, Keith Yandle and David Moss also scored for the Coyotes, who had lost four of their previous five games.
David Perron scored twice for the Oilers, who dropped to 3-9-0 on home ice this season.
Boedker scored on a power play 3½ minutes into the game, putting a rebound past goaltender Devan Dubnyk. It was just Phoenix's second first-period goal in the last six games.
Edmonton tied it midway through the first period after Phoenix defenseman David Schlemko gave up the puck to Mark Arcobello. A drop pass by Arcobello set up Perron, who beat Coyotes goalie Mike Smith.
Seven minutes into the second period, Ribeiro passed through the crease to a wide-open Vrbata, who scored his ninth of the season.
Just 58 seconds later, the Coyotes had a two-goal advantage as Ribeiro floated a shot from the point that was deflected on the way to the net by Doan.
Edmonton got one of those goals back on the power play with just 52 seconds left in the middle period as Ales Hemsky made a nice pass from behind the net to Perron, who scored his second of the game with a quick shot off Smith's shoulder. It was Perron's 11th goal of the season.
After having what initially appeared to be a goal by Moss called back on a high stick, the Coyotes went up 4-2 on another Edmonton defensive breakdown as Ribeiro was left alone in front to take a pass from Doan and score his eighth of the season.
Phoenix put the game out of reach midway through the third period with another pair of quick-strike goals 42 seconds apart.
Yandle got the fifth goal and Moss deflected a shot on net and then swatted in his own rebound.
NOTES: This was the second of five meetings this season between the Pacific Division rivals. Phoenix came from behind with a pair of late third-period goals to win 5-4 at home on Oct. 26. ... Dubnyk got the start for Edmonton after coming in to relieve an injured Ilya Bryzgalov in Sunday's 3-2 shootout win in Dallas. Bryzgalov's status is uncertain as he continues to be evaluated for concussion/whiplash symptoms after taking a hit in the crease from the Stars' Ryan Garbutta.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.