Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
That was the mood of the Phoenix Coyotes Thursday, who scored a total of six goals on the lowly New York Islanders. Three Coyotes players certainly enjoyed the game, as Rob Klinkhammer, Mike Ribeiro and Mikkel Boedker each posted a multi-point effort.
"I thought tonight we spread it out pretty good," Boedker said after the win. "There was a lot of shots on net. If you don't shoot, you can't score."
Boedker chuckled when he was asked about his two goals, his first on home ice this season.
"Seeing the puck go in just builds up your confidence," he said, but he wasn't the only one to get in on the action.
Forwards Rob Klinkhammer (2-1-3) and Mike Ribeiro (1-2-3) led the Coyotes in scoring against the Isles. Klinkhammer's effort marked a personal best for points in a single NHL game.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.