Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
That was the mood of the Phoenix Coyotes Thursday, who scored a total of six goals on the lowly New York Islanders. Three Coyotes players certainly enjoyed the game, as Rob Klinkhammer, Mike Ribeiro and Mikkel Boedker each posted a multi-point effort.
"I thought tonight we spread it out pretty good," Boedker said after the win. "There was a lot of shots on net. If you don't shoot, you can't score."
Boedker chuckled when he was asked about his two goals, his first on home ice this season.
"Seeing the puck go in just builds up your confidence," he said, but he wasn't the only one to get in on the action.
Forwards Rob Klinkhammer (2-1-3) and Mike Ribeiro (1-2-3) led the Coyotes in scoring against the Isles. Klinkhammer's effort marked a personal best for points in a single NHL game.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!