Updated Dec 29, 2013 - 1:02 pm
Phoenix Coyotes assign Brule, Szwarz to AHL affiliate
Center Gilbert Brule, 26, and right wing Jordan Szwarz, 22, have been sent to the Portland Pirates.
Brule appeared in three games for the Coyotes after being signed on Nov. 30. The Edmonton, Alberta, native was originally drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets with the sixth overall pick in 2005.
Szwarz, a rookie, saw 20 games for the Coyotes this season and scored two goals on 20 shots while averaging more than eight minutes on ice per game. He was drafted by the Coyotes in the fourth round (97th overall) in the 2009 Entry Draft.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.