Updated Dec 29, 2013 - 1:02 pm
Phoenix Coyotes assign Brule, Szwarz to AHL affiliate
Center Gilbert Brule, 26, and right wing Jordan Szwarz, 22, have been sent to the Portland Pirates.
Brule appeared in three games for the Coyotes after being signed on Nov. 30. The Edmonton, Alberta, native was originally drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets with the sixth overall pick in 2005.
Szwarz, a rookie, saw 20 games for the Coyotes this season and scored two goals on 20 shots while averaging more than eight minutes on ice per game. He was drafted by the Coyotes in the fourth round (97th overall) in the 2009 Entry Draft.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.