Report: Phoenix Coyotes suspend Gilbert Brule after he refuses AHL assignment
Brule, 26, only saw three games with the Coyotes after being signed on Nov. 30. The former first round draft pick did well with the Portland Pirates earlier this season -- 12 points in 11 games -- but was not eager to return to the juniors.
The center spent three years each with the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Edmonton Oilers before coming to Phoenix in the 2011-12 season, in which he saw action in 33 games and posted 14 points. Since that time, he's had trouble keeping his NHL career afloat.
The Coyotes haven't given any word on the length of his suspension.
- Coyotes on right financial track with new owners
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?