Report: Phoenix Coyotes suspend Gilbert Brule after he refuses AHL assignment
Brule, 26, only saw three games with the Coyotes after being signed on Nov. 30. The former first round draft pick did well with the Portland Pirates earlier this season -- 12 points in 11 games -- but was not eager to return to the juniors.
The center spent three years each with the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Edmonton Oilers before coming to Phoenix in the 2011-12 season, in which he saw action in 33 games and posted 14 points. Since that time, he's had trouble keeping his NHL career afloat.
The Coyotes haven't given any word on the length of his suspension.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.