Phoenix Coyotes' Keith Yandle among snubs for Olympic team
24/7 News Source writer Dave Zorn said on Twitter that Yandle could be added later if a player gets injured, but for now, the 27-year-old defenseman will stick with the Coyotes when the U.S. team heads to Sochi.
Yandle has posted 6 goals and 21 assists for the Coyotes this season in 39 games.
Yahoo! Sports writer Greg Wyshynski listed the Coyotes defenseman among the Olympic team's snubs, but offered an opinion on why the eight-year veteran was ultimately passed over.
One of the better offensive defensemen in the NHL and a solid power play point man, Yandle might have been seen as a defensive liability on the larger ice.
Click here to see the full roster for the U.S. men's team.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?