Phoenix Coyotes' Keith Yandle among snubs for Olympic team
24/7 News Source writer Dave Zorn said on Twitter that Yandle could be added later if a player gets injured, but for now, the 27-year-old defenseman will stick with the Coyotes when the U.S. team heads to Sochi.
Yandle has posted 6 goals and 21 assists for the Coyotes this season in 39 games.
Yahoo! Sports writer Greg Wyshynski listed the Coyotes defenseman among the Olympic team's snubs, but offered an opinion on why the eight-year veteran was ultimately passed over.
One of the better offensive defensemen in the NHL and a solid power play point man, Yandle might have been seen as a defensive liability on the larger ice.
Click here to see the full roster for the U.S. men's team.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.