Coyotes captain Shane Doan could return Saturday
Rejoice, Coyotes Nation: The Captain could return to the ice on Saturday.
In a Friday tweet, the Phoenix Coyotes announced that captain Shane Doan has been cleared by doctors and could play against the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday.
Doan was diagnosed with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever in December after feeling ill during the team's Canadian road trip. He hasn't played since the Dec. 4 loss against the Calgary Flames.
At the time, Doan was the team's leading scorer with 12 goals. He also has 11 helpers this season and was averaging 19:05 of ice time per game, often skating on one of the team's top lines.
The Coyotes went 4-3-5 in Doan's absence after starting the season 16-8-4.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.