Coyotes' 5-3 loss to the Flyers: By the numbers
The Phoenix Coyotes remain winless in 2014, after blowing a two-goal lead in a 5-3 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers. Here's a look back at the Coyotes' two-goal loss by the numbers.
1:25Phoenix's first two goals of the night came just one minute and 25 seconds apart in the second period by Rob Klinkhammer and Lauri Korpikoski.
2:Rookie defenseman Connor Murphy recorded two assists in the second period for his first career multi-point game.
3:Dating back to Dec. 12, the Coyotes have lost three straight home games -- Canadiens, Blue Jackets and Flyers -- to Eastern Conference opponents.
5:The five goals Phoenix allowed Saturday night tied for a season-high at home. The other occurrence came in a 5-2 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks back on Nov. 30.
6:Korpikoski scored after a six-game goalless drought. Previous to the six-game span, the 27-year-old had notched a goal in three of four games.
7/16Center Antoine Vermette came into the night ranked third in the NHL with 513 faceoff wins. However against Philadelphia, Vermette won just seven of his 16 chances in the circle.
8: Even in defeat, the Coyotes held on to their No. 8 spot in the Western Conference, as the team currently chasing them, the Dallas Stars, were blown out at home by the Detroit Red Wings.
9:Klinkhammer's tally -- the first of the night -- ended a nine-game pointless streak for the Coyotes winger.
14-5-3:The Coyotes moved to 14-5-3 this season when scoring the first goal of the game.
19:Captain Shane Doan returned to the ice after a month-long absence due to Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Doan played just under 19 minutes of ice time, finishing with one blocked shot and an even plus-minus.
23:For Phoenix, the loss to Philadelphia extends its streak of 23 straight days without a win in regulation.
52:Dave Tippett's squad officially reached the halfway point following Saturday's game. The Coyotes' 49 points are the third-most in franchise history through 41 games.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.