The Pulse: Goaltending to blame for Phoenix Coyotes' struggles
Sunday, we asked our readers what is to blame for the Phoenix Coyotes' struggles during a 2-4 home stand.
The options ranged from goaltending to a lack of offense, with coaching and the team just not being very good all available to be picked.
A total of 301 votes were cast, and it appears the fans blame the duo of Mike Smith and Thomas Greiss. Goaltending received 84 votes, or 28 percent, which edged out another defense-related option, "Too many easy goals," by eight votes.
Unfortunately, the third-highest total belonged to the final option, which is readers basically saying they don't think too highly of this team anyway.
On the bright side -- for Dave Tippett, anyway -- few seem to think coaching is the culprit for the team's recent stretch, as that received a paltry five votes.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.