The Pulse: Goaltending to blame for Phoenix Coyotes' struggles
Sunday, we asked our readers what is to blame for the Phoenix Coyotes' struggles during a 2-4 home stand.
The options ranged from goaltending to a lack of offense, with coaching and the team just not being very good all available to be picked.
A total of 301 votes were cast, and it appears the fans blame the duo of Mike Smith and Thomas Greiss. Goaltending received 84 votes, or 28 percent, which edged out another defense-related option, "Too many easy goals," by eight votes.
Unfortunately, the third-highest total belonged to the final option, which is readers basically saying they don't think too highly of this team anyway.
On the bright side -- for Dave Tippett, anyway -- few seem to think coaching is the culprit for the team's recent stretch, as that received a paltry five votes.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?