2014-15 will see debut of the 'Arizona Coyotes'
Starting next season, the team announced they will be known as the "Arizona Coyotes." The move had long been expected, and now there is a timeline.
"We are very excited to announce that our franchise name will change to Arizona Coyotes for the start of the 2014-15 NHL season," Coyotes Co-Owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc said in a statement. "Becoming the Arizona Coyotes makes sense for us since we play our games in Glendale and the city is such a great partner of ours. We also want to be recognized as not just the hockey team for Glendale or Phoenix, but the team for the entire state of Arizona and the Southwest. We hope that the name ‘Arizona' will encourage more fans from all over the state, not just the valley, to embrace and support our team."
As part of the name change, the team will introduce a new shoulder patch for their jerseys. It's the only change the jerseys will undergo, and will be unveiled for the Coyotes' first preseason game next season.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.