By the Numbers: Coyotes lead wire-to-wire against Penguins
After alternating wins and losses in their past five games, the Coyotes put together a strong all-around effort to beat the Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh Penguins 3-1 at Jobing.com Arena Saturday.
Here's a closer look at the win by the numbers:
Coyotes defenseman Zbynek Michalek's goal at the 10:50 mark of the second period was his first of the season, and first since March of 2012.
Coyotes President and CEO Anthony Leblanc tweeted that the Coyotes set the franchise's regular-season single-game revenue record for the second time this season.
Saturday's win over Pittsburgh marked the Coyotes' 20th win this season when scoring first -- improving them to 20-7-3.
The Coyotes landed 26 hits on Pittsburgh, dominating the physicality battle 26-17.
Phoenix center Mike Ribeiro's goal at the 12:42 mark of the first period gave the Coyotes an early 1-0 lead, and also marked his 200th career goal.
Saturday's attendance of 17,342 -- an over-capacity sellout -- marked Phoenix's second-largest crowd of the season, behind only a New Year's Eve contest against the Edmonton Oilers, which drew 17,416.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.