Updated Feb 27, 2014 - 9:16 pm
Jokinen leads Jets over Coyotes in shootout
Bryan Little and Blake Wheeler scored in regulation for the Jets, who continued their winning ways under new head coach Paul Maurice. The Jets (29-26-6) are 10-3-1 since Maurice replaced the fired Claude Noel.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Martin Hanzal scored for Phoenix in the first game for both teams after a 19-day break for the Winter Olympics.
Jets forward Devin Setoguchi also beat Mike Smith in the shootout and Antoine Vermette was the only Coyotes player to get one past Ondrej Pavelec in four rounds of penalty shots.
Winnipeg pulled within one point of the Coyotes (27-21-11) as both teams chase a wild-card playoff spot, although Phoenix has two games in hand.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.