Coyotes captain Shane Doan impressed with Brandon McMillan
Since being recalled from the Portland Pirates late last month, McMillan -- a left wing hailing from British Columbia -- has played in each of the Phoenix Coyotes' last seven games, recording points in nearly half of them.
"Mac has been great," Doan boasted of his young teammate on Wednesday while a guest with Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "He works so hard."
McMillan has played on the Coyotes' first line along with Doan and center Mike Ribeiro since his recall, providing a refreshing spark to an otherwise troubled offense. Formerly an Anaheim Ducks prospect, the former third-round pick has managed to put 13 shots on goal in his time up and, by testimony of his captain, he's improving rapidly as he meshes with his teammates.
"Him and I are starting to get a little bit more comfortable with each other," Doan told the show. "We've talked a little bit about how we can get the puck down low and stay on the puck."
The Coyotes have won four of their last five games and McMillan has provided them with a +3 in those games. He has logged at least 12:27 of ice time over those five games. His hunger and pursuit of the puck has been turning heads all the while.
"He creates turnovers with his speed," Doan went on.
"As we get more and more comfortable with each other, I'm really excited about (playing with him) going forward."
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.