Updated Mar 15, 2014 - 10:47 pm
Coyotes beat Flames 3-2 on Doan's 350th NHL goal
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Shane Doan scored his 350th career goal on one of Phoenix's six third-period power plays and the Coyotes went on to beat the Calgary Flames 3-2 on Saturday night.
Chris Summers got his first NHL goal and Rob Klinkhammer also scored to put Phoenix up 2-0 after one period. Calgary got power-play goals from Curtis Glencross and Mikael Backlund to tie it at 2 after two.
After a frustrating series of power plays, Rahim Vrbata rocketed a shot toward the net and Doan deflected it past Joni Ortio for the deciding goal with 11:11 to play.
The Coyotes pulled into a tie with the Western Conference's No. 8 team Dallas with 75 points, but the Stars have played two fewer games and hold the tiebreaker.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.