Phoenix Coyotes' Yandle: Team must play with desperation
By way of their 4-3 win over the L.A. Kings, the 'Yotes passed Dallas for the second Wild Card spot.
The Coyotes are 33-25-11 with 77 points. There are 13 games remaining, though, so things are still very much up for grabs. The situation calls for a bit of desperation.
"We're fighting for our lives and it's something (that) for us to get in the playoffs, we have to win the majority of our games," Coyotes defenseman Keith Yandle told the Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta Tuesday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "That's what we like to do; we like to play that type of hockey and that's what we get paid for.
"It's one of those things. We have to be desperate; if we're not, we're going to find ourselves on the outside looking in."
It's really that simple for the Coyotes.
The Coyotes, of course, have proven capable of beating some of the best the NHL has to offer, which is partly what makes their inconsistency so maddening. It's not as if the team isn't talented enough to win, so why haven't they?
"I don't know if there's a certain explanation for it," Yandle said. "It's the NHL -- every team is good, every team can win games."
Of course, that does not mean Yandle and the Coyotes don't have losses they regret, but that is bound to happen throughout the course of an 82-game season.
"For us, we've just got to find that consistency of bringing it every night."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.