Phoenix Coyotes sign Chris Summers to two-year deal
The club announced Monday it had signed defenseman Chris Summers to a two-year deal.
"I definitely wanted to come back and be part of the Coyotes," he said. "I'm very happy we worked something out and I'm happy we worked it out so quickly in the off-season. It puts my mind and my family at ease."
Summers began the 2013-14 NHL season with the Coyotes' AHL affiliate in Portland, Maine. While there, he tallied 2-7-9 in 48 games.
He was called up for the last 18 games of the season and tallied 2-1-3 with 18 penalty minutes.
Summers is likely to be paired with another young player, possible Connor Murphy or Brandon Gormley, on the Coyotes' third defensive line.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.