Coyotes' CEO Anthony LeBlanc confident heading into new ownership's first NHL Draft
Coyotes co-owner, president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc is very confident that the team will secure a talented player with the 12th pick.
"It's a relatively deep draft, and (GM Don Maloney) has said it, at number 12, we're going to get a really solid player," LeBlanc told Doug and Wolf Tuesday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Interestingly, if you look at what we did last year, we had the number 12 pick and we were able to pick up Max Domi, and if you listen to what Don has been saying over the last few weeks, it's going to really difficult for him not to make the team this year.
"It's exciting when you can see that late in the draft, you can pick up such a talent. We're really quite excited about what we're going to be able to do this year."
The current Coyotes ownership group is heading into its first NHL Draft at the helm, but LeBlanc and his partners have no doubts about what Maloney and his staff will accomplish over the weekend.
"We've said it from the beginning, that they're, we feel, the greatest hockey staff in the NHL," he said. "We rely fully on their opinions and what they're looking to do."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.