Updated Jun 29, 2014 - 9:42 pm
Arizona Coyotes acquire center Sam Gagner from Tampa Bay Lightning
The Coyotes have acquired center Sam Gagner from the Tampa Lightning in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2015.
Gagner, who was acquired by the Lightning earlier in the evening in a deal with the Oilers involving Teddy Purcell, scored 10 goals to go along with 27 assists in Edmonton last season.
A former first-round pick, Gagner, 24, missed the first 13 games of 2013-14 with a broken jaw he sustained in the preseason.
In addition to Gagner, Arizona also received right winger B.J. Crombeen in the deal. The 28-year-old had 10 points in 55 games for Tampa Bay a season ago.
As part of the agreement, the Lightning have agreed to pay one-third of Gagner's contract -- which will pay the center $5 million for each of the next two seasons.
Maloney: "I haven't spent a whole time examining his defensive play quite frankly. What I get excited about is his offensive potential."— Craig Morgan (@cmorganfoxaz) June 30, 2014
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.