Updated Jul 10, 2014 - 5:36 pm
Nick Boynton hired as radio color commentator for Arizona Coyotes
The Coyotes announced former NHL player Nick Boynton as Heethuis' color commentator for all 82 games this season.
"We are very pleased that Nick has decided to join our broadcast team," Coyotes co-owner, president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc said in a statement released Thursday. "Nick is a former Coyotes defenseman who had a great NHL career. We are confident that our fans will enjoy listening to his insight and analysis on our radio games this season. Bob and Nick will make a great team."
Boynton, 35, played 11 seasons in the NHL with Boston, Phoenix, Florida, Anaheim, Chicago and Philadelphia. In 605 career games, the defenseman had 34 goals and 110 assists while racking up 862 penalty minutes. He hoisted Lord Stanley's Cup in 2010 as a member of the Blackhawks.
Boynton was acquired by the Coyotes in 2006 after a trade with Boston that sent defenseman Paul Mara to the Bruins. In two years with the 'Yotes, he tallied five goals and 18 assists.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.