Report: June Jones 'front-runner' for ASU job
There is now a front-runner for the Arizona State football head coaching vacancy.
According to Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi, June Jones is now the front-runner for the ASU job and an announcement could come as soon as ASU announces what bowl game they were chosen for.
Jones is considered to be a serious candidate for ASU, according to Pete Roussel.
The former Hawaii head coach has been credited for single-handedly rebuilding SMU's football program over the past three seasons and his team has been bowl-eligible since 2008. However, Jones has never posted phenomenal numbers. His teams have lost at least five games in his time at SMU.
Jones is currently the winningest coach in the University of Hawaii's history, where he posted a 76-41 record. He chose to leave the school after feeling promised improvements -- including the campus and training facilities -- were ignored.
Calvisi also tweeted that University of Southern Mississippi's Larry Fedora is currently not on ASU's shortlist.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.