Updated Dec 4, 2011 - 3:46 pm
Report: June Jones 'front-runner' for ASU job
There is now a front-runner for the Arizona State football head coaching vacancy.
According to Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi, June Jones is now the front-runner for the ASU job and an announcement could come as soon as ASU announces what bowl game they were chosen for.
Jones is considered to be a serious candidate for ASU, according to Pete Roussel.
The former Hawaii head coach has been credited for single-handedly rebuilding SMU's football program over the past three seasons and his team has been bowl-eligible since 2008. However, Jones has never posted phenomenal numbers. His teams have lost at least five games in his time at SMU.
Jones is currently the winningest coach in the University of Hawaii's history, where he posted a 76-41 record. He chose to leave the school after feeling promised improvements -- including the campus and training facilities -- were ignored.
Calvisi also tweeted that University of Southern Mississippi's Larry Fedora is currently not on ASU's shortlist.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.