'Mad Men' to wrap its run with 2-part final season
NEW YORK (AP) - AMC is keeping "Mad Men" around an extra year, expanding the final season of this acclaimed drama series to 14 episodes and portioning them equally in 2014 and 2015.
The network said Tuesday that seven episodes will air next spring and another seven in 2015. Previous "Mad Men" seasons have spanned 13 episodes.
Series creator Matthew Weiner said the two-part season will enable "a more elaborate story" to be told.
The arrangement mirrors that of another AMC series, "Breaking Bad," whose final season, now nearing its end, was similarly split in two.
"Mad Men," which premiered in 2007, has won four Emmy awards for outstanding drama series. It heads into Sunday's awards night with four major Emmy nominations, including best actor for Jon Hamm, who has never won.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.