More Nielsen gold during NBC's final Olympics week
NEW YORK (AP) - Nielsen says NBC can toast its final golden week of Olympics coverage, which again gave it the seven most-watched prime-time telecasts. And there was a bonus: An eighth broadcast from Sochi on Sunday also landed in last week's Top 10.
Monday was NBC's biggest night, seen by more than 23 million viewers to be the week's No. 1 program.
The least-followed night of coverage, Saturday, placed seventh for the week.
"Sochi Gold," aired prior to Sunday's closing ceremonies, ranked ninth.
In eighth place was AMC's "The Walking Dead," with 13 million viewers.
Overall for the week in prime time, NBC averaged nearly 18 million viewers. CBS and Fox were tied with 6 million viewers apiece, followed by ABC.
The week's top-rated cable networks were USA, Disney Channel and TBS.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!