More Nielsen gold during NBC's final Olympics week
NEW YORK (AP) - Nielsen says NBC can toast its final golden week of Olympics coverage, which again gave it the seven most-watched prime-time telecasts. And there was a bonus: An eighth broadcast from Sochi on Sunday also landed in last week's Top 10.
Monday was NBC's biggest night, seen by more than 23 million viewers to be the week's No. 1 program.
The least-followed night of coverage, Saturday, placed seventh for the week.
"Sochi Gold," aired prior to Sunday's closing ceremonies, ranked ninth.
In eighth place was AMC's "The Walking Dead," with 13 million viewers.
Overall for the week in prime time, NBC averaged nearly 18 million viewers. CBS and Fox were tied with 6 million viewers apiece, followed by ABC.
The week's top-rated cable networks were USA, Disney Channel and TBS.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.