More Nielsen gold during NBC's final Olympics week
NEW YORK (AP) - Nielsen says NBC can toast its final golden week of Olympics coverage, which again gave it the seven most-watched prime-time telecasts. And there was a bonus: An eighth broadcast from Sochi on Sunday also landed in last week's Top 10.
Monday was NBC's biggest night, seen by more than 23 million viewers to be the week's No. 1 program.
The least-followed night of coverage, Saturday, placed seventh for the week.
"Sochi Gold," aired prior to Sunday's closing ceremonies, ranked ninth.
In eighth place was AMC's "The Walking Dead," with 13 million viewers.
Overall for the week in prime time, NBC averaged nearly 18 million viewers. CBS and Fox were tied with 6 million viewers apiece, followed by ABC.
The week's top-rated cable networks were USA, Disney Channel and TBS.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.