Josh Duhamel named host of Kids' Choice Awards
NEW YORK (AP) - There's plenty of green slime in Josh Duhamel's future.
The star of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" on Wednesday was named host of Nickelodeon's 26th Annual Kids' Choice Awards, which will be broadcast from the Galen Center in Los Angeles on March 23.
Duhamel, who starred on the NBC drama "Las Vegas," has already been inducted into Nickelodeon's Arm Fart Hall of Fame and showered in green goo.
The Kids' Choice Awards honor kids' favorites in film, music, sports and television by tallying the votes of kids online and via mobile devices. During the show, green slime is routinely dumped on celebrities and winners receive trophies shaped like blimps.
Last year's awards, hosted by Will Smith, attracted 6.2 million viewers.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.