Next Miss America pageant set for Sept. 14
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - Miss America is staying in Atlantic City.
Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri announced Friday that the next pageant will take place in the New Jersey shore resort on Sept. 14.
Preliminary competitions are scheduled over three nights at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall from Sept. 9 to 11.
Davuluri, a Syracuse, N.Y., native, was crowned Miss America in September. The pageant originated in Atlantic City in 1921 and spent six years in Las Vegas before returning to New Jersey last year.
Davuluri plans to use her Miss America scholarship to attend medical school.
The program will be televised by ABC.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.