Next Miss America pageant set for Sept. 14
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - Miss America is staying in Atlantic City.
Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri announced Friday that the next pageant will take place in the New Jersey shore resort on Sept. 14.
Preliminary competitions are scheduled over three nights at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall from Sept. 9 to 11.
Davuluri, a Syracuse, N.Y., native, was crowned Miss America in September. The pageant originated in Atlantic City in 1921 and spent six years in Las Vegas before returning to New Jersey last year.
Davuluri plans to use her Miss America scholarship to attend medical school.
The program will be televised by ABC.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.