Next Miss America pageant set for Sept. 14
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - Miss America is staying in Atlantic City.
Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri announced Friday that the next pageant will take place in the New Jersey shore resort on Sept. 14.
Preliminary competitions are scheduled over three nights at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall from Sept. 9 to 11.
Davuluri, a Syracuse, N.Y., native, was crowned Miss America in September. The pageant originated in Atlantic City in 1921 and spent six years in Las Vegas before returning to New Jersey last year.
Davuluri plans to use her Miss America scholarship to attend medical school.
The program will be televised by ABC.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.