Draft expert on Burfict: 'I don't see first round at all'
As feared as he was explosive, the Arizona State Sun Devil was projected as a first round pick in the NFL Draft, and one of the first defensive players off the board.
That's no longer the case.
According to NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock, Burfict just isn't the player many thought he was.
"I'm not a fan at all," said Mayock. "I just watched a bunch of his tape the other day. I came away unimpressed."
While many point to the linebacker's immaturity as a reason to be wary of drafting him, Mayock points to the player's ability -- or lack of.
"His instincts aren't good," Mayock observed. "He gets enveloped by bigger bodies and he runs around blocks. I don't see first round at all."
Burfict finished his ASU career with 228 total tackles (134 solo) and seven sacks, but followed an impressive sophomore year with a disappointing junior season.
Of course, this is not to say Burfict will go undrafted. Some team will take a flyer on the Sun Devil, hoping he'll become the player many thought he would be.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du