Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 8:11 am
Dick Van Dyke tweets for help with health issue
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Dick Van Dyke is seeing doctors for an undiagnosed health problem, and he's seeking advice online as well.He tweeted:
My head bangs every time I lay down. I've had every test come back that I'm perfectly healthy. Anybody got any ideas?— Dick Van Dyke (@iammrvandy) April 17, 2013
Bob Palmer, a spokesman for Van Dyke, said Thursday that he's undergoing tests for "cranial throbbing" that's causing him to lose sleep. The sensation occurs when Van Dyke lies down, and scans and other tests have yet to yield a diagnosis, Palmer said.
Van Dyke drew a number of responses to his tweet for help Wednesday, including questions about what's been done so far for the problem he described as stubborn.
"It has been going on for 7 years. I've had every test you can think of," he replied, including an MRI and spinal tap.
Van Dyke has a strong constitution and is otherwise OK, but the "fatigue factor has become acute," Palmer said. Until he receives a diagnosis and treatment plan he's been advised not to fly, and is resting at his Malibu home.
He was to accept an award next week from New York's 92nd Street Y but canceled the trip.
Van Dyke's credits include "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Diagnosis Murder."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.