Warner: Brock Osweiler has high ceiling
The retired Arizona Cardinals' quarterback had nothing but praise for former Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler, who he believes has the potential for a prosperous career in the NFL.
"I am just excited about him as a kid," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "I think he's got a big ceiling. I don't think he's reached his full potential yet and so I think the sky is bright for him in regards to what he can be."
One of the more refreshing qualities that Osweiler possesses is his thirst for knowledge. Warner said Osweiler worked out with San Diego Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers this winter and Rivers came away impressed by how open the former Sun Devil was to learning in the classroom and asking questions.
"I think that bodes well to have a young kid that doesn't think he knows it all," Warner said.
Still, Warner says it's hard to gauge whether a quarterback will have success in the NFL based solely on talent alone.
"There's so much at the quarterback position that's really mental and the ability not just to throw the football 50 yards down the field and be accurate with it, but it's the ability to be able to read things, see things and adjust to things and react quickly," Warner explained.
Warner interacted with Osweiler at the NFL Scouting Combine and feels he does have a good head on his shoulders but he's going to have to continually look for ways to improve and re-invent himself if he hopes to have staying power in this league.
"It's going to take a lot of work and he's going to have a grow as player I think to become a great player in the NFL," Warner said.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works