Updated Mar 20, 2012 - 3:59 pm
ASU's Love says football practice has been 'different'
"It's different, it's different," Love told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf about what she's noticed about Graham's first spring practices. "I will tell you, even being out at practice, just because of the energy that Coach Graham and his staff insist upon from his team."
Love said everything Graham has talked about since being hired on December 14, 2011, has come true.
"Speed, discipline, insistent on his teaching with a strong emphasis on '20 percent get in their business and get it right, and 80 percent really positive' all that's quite prevalent in practice," she said. "Even when I go from field to field and watch practice, just because of the speed with which they coach I find myself walking faster."
Love said it's a "very invigorating environment" and that many fans, media and former players have come out to see what the new coaching staff is all about.
"It is different and it is fun," Love added.
Soon the excitement will give way to expectations, as the games will start and results will matter. Until then, though, sounds like the new coach has the full support of his boss.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.