Updated Mar 20, 2012 - 3:59 pm
ASU's Love says football practice has been 'different'
"It's different, it's different," Love told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf about what she's noticed about Graham's first spring practices. "I will tell you, even being out at practice, just because of the energy that Coach Graham and his staff insist upon from his team."
Love said everything Graham has talked about since being hired on December 14, 2011, has come true.
"Speed, discipline, insistent on his teaching with a strong emphasis on '20 percent get in their business and get it right, and 80 percent really positive' all that's quite prevalent in practice," she said. "Even when I go from field to field and watch practice, just because of the speed with which they coach I find myself walking faster."
Love said it's a "very invigorating environment" and that many fans, media and former players have come out to see what the new coaching staff is all about.
"It is different and it is fun," Love added.
Soon the excitement will give way to expectations, as the games will start and results will matter. Until then, though, sounds like the new coach has the full support of his boss.
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition