ASU's Love says football practice has been 'different'
"It's different, it's different," Love told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf about what she's noticed about Graham's first spring practices. "I will tell you, even being out at practice, just because of the energy that Coach Graham and his staff insist upon from his team."
Love said everything Graham has talked about since being hired on December 14, 2011, has come true.
"Speed, discipline, insistent on his teaching with a strong emphasis on '20 percent get in their business and get it right, and 80 percent really positive' all that's quite prevalent in practice," she said. "Even when I go from field to field and watch practice, just because of the speed with which they coach I find myself walking faster."
Love said it's a "very invigorating environment" and that many fans, media and former players have come out to see what the new coaching staff is all about.
"It is different and it is fun," Love added.
Soon the excitement will give way to expectations, as the games will start and results will matter. Until then, though, sounds like the new coach has the full support of his boss.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works