Kim Kardashian cited for speeding on LA freeway
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Kim Kardashian was cited for speeding Tuesday after a California Highway Patrol officer spotted the reality star apparently being chased by paparazzi on a Los Angeles freeway.
CHP Officer Ming Hsu said Kardashian was pulled over at about 1 p.m. on the 101 Freeway near the Van Nuys Boulevard exit. Three other cars apparently driven by paparazzi were also stopped, although two of them left the scene before an officer was able to talk to the photographers, according to a news release.
The third photographer, Juliano A. Goncalves, pulled around Kardashian's vehicle and started taking pictures. He was cited for speeding and stopping in a nonemergency situation, Hsu said.
An email sent to a representative for Kardashian was not immediately returned. Attempts to reach Goncalves for comment were unsuccessful.
Kardashian, 33, who stars along with her family in the reality series "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," has generally had a good relationship with the paparazzi. Her fiance, rapper Kanye West, however, has had several skirmishes with celebrity photographers.
West has pleaded not guilty in a misdemeanor case in which he's accused of fighting with a paparazzo and attempting to take his camera.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Todd Graham - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.