Kim Kardashian cited for speeding on LA freeway
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Kim Kardashian was cited for speeding Tuesday after a California Highway Patrol officer spotted the reality star apparently being chased by paparazzi on a Los Angeles freeway.
CHP Officer Ming Hsu said Kardashian was pulled over at about 1 p.m. on the 101 Freeway near the Van Nuys Boulevard exit. Three other cars apparently driven by paparazzi were also stopped, although two of them left the scene before an officer was able to talk to the photographers, according to a news release.
The third photographer, Juliano A. Goncalves, pulled around Kardashian's vehicle and started taking pictures. He was cited for speeding and stopping in a nonemergency situation, Hsu said.
An email sent to a representative for Kardashian was not immediately returned. Attempts to reach Goncalves for comment were unsuccessful.
Kardashian, 33, who stars along with her family in the reality series "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," has generally had a good relationship with the paparazzi. Her fiance, rapper Kanye West, however, has had several skirmishes with celebrity photographers.
West has pleaded not guilty in a misdemeanor case in which he's accused of fighting with a paparazzo and attempting to take his camera.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.