NFL Films' Cosell not a fan of Brock Osweiler
NFL Films' Greg Cosell might have the most negative review of Osweiler's potential we've heard yet.
On a podcast with Doug Farrar of Yahoo Sports! Shutdown Corner blog, Cosell offered the following breakdown of the former Sun Devil signal caller:
I thought he had a tendency to push the ball. I thought his arm angle was low on his delivery. I thought he over-strided a lot, which even lowered his arm angle more. I thought he did not drive the ball. And I even made a note that he did not have a strong arm - he needed functional space. I didn't think he was highly accurate. You can tell that in the games that I watched, I wasn't a big fan. To me, he was a 7-on-7 passer. If he had a comfortable pocket and a defined read, he could make the throw. In fact, I made a note to myself that there were similarities with Charlie Whitehurst when he came out of Clemson.
In case you're wondering, Whitehurst was a third round pick of the San Diego Chargers in the 2006 NFL Draft, and has started four games during his career.
Osweiler, who didn't participate in drills during the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis last month, will hold a workout for NFL scouts in Tempe March 30 in an attempt to change the minds of those who share Cosell's thoughts.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du