Updated Mar 30, 2012 - 5:29 pm
ASU's Osweiler receives draft green room invite
But just hours after his pro day workout for numerous NFL teams and 27 days before the NFL Draft, Osweiler's chances of having his name called in prime time by commissioner Roger Goodell appear more realistic than ever.
Osweiler himself explained in a tweet Friday afternoon:
Just received a green room invitation from the NFL! So appreciative and thankful to be asked! Been a dream of mine since I was 8 years old.— Brock Osweiler (@BrockOsweiler) March 31, 2012
Last season, a record 25 players were invited to occupy the NFL Draft green room. Twenty of them were drafted in the first round.
Of the invitees, only UCLA's Akeem Ayers (2nd round) and Rahim Moore (2nd), Kentucky's Randall Cobb (2nd), Virginia Tech's Ryan Williams (2nd) and Mark Herzlich of Boston College (undrafted) didn't have their name called by Goodell during the first round festivities.
Even if Osweiler doesn't go in the first round, his invitation speaks to what NFL teams think of him and his potential, and at the very least, legitimizes his decision to leave ASU early for the bright lights of the NFL.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.