Updated Mar 30, 2012 - 5:29 pm
ASU's Osweiler receives draft green room invite
But just hours after his pro day workout for numerous NFL teams and 27 days before the NFL Draft, Osweiler's chances of having his name called in prime time by commissioner Roger Goodell appear more realistic than ever.
Osweiler himself explained in a tweet Friday afternoon:
Just received a green room invitation from the NFL! So appreciative and thankful to be asked! Been a dream of mine since I was 8 years old.— Brock Osweiler (@BrockOsweiler) March 31, 2012
Last season, a record 25 players were invited to occupy the NFL Draft green room. Twenty of them were drafted in the first round.
Of the invitees, only UCLA's Akeem Ayers (2nd round) and Rahim Moore (2nd), Kentucky's Randall Cobb (2nd), Virginia Tech's Ryan Williams (2nd) and Mark Herzlich of Boston College (undrafted) didn't have their name called by Goodell during the first round festivities.
Even if Osweiler doesn't go in the first round, his invitation speaks to what NFL teams think of him and his potential, and at the very least, legitimizes his decision to leave ASU early for the bright lights of the NFL.
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Saturday's loss certainly hurts, but for ASU, this is the ground floor
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition