Duhamel ready to be slimed at Kids' Choice Awards
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Josh Duhamel doesn't mind the slime.
The "Transformers" star is hosting Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards on Saturday and says the ceremony's traditional dumping of the green stuff on celebrities isn't as bad as it looks.
Duhamel described the slime as "warm goo" that's "almost soothing in a way" during a break from rehearsals earlier this week.
Duhamel will be joined on stage at the University of Southern California's Galen Center by such famous attendees as Sandra Bullock, Steve Carell and Chris Pine, with Pitbull, Ke$ha and Christina Aguilera scheduled to perform.
Nickelodeon said a record-breaking 326 million votes have already been cast for the show, which honors kids' favorites in film, music, sports and TV.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice stars for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?