ASU's Patterson gets ball rolling on facility upgrades
Patterson joined Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 for their weekly chat Tuesday and spoke about major upgrades to Sun Devil Stadium.
"Certainly, we want to stay in this place, it's an iconic site," Patterson said. "We love being between the buttes here and I think all of the fans and former players and former students feel that way as well."
While the process is in its infancy, the areas where ASU brass would like to see big changes are pretty clear, according to Patterson.
"Our hope is that by the end of the first half of this year, we'd have a plan of finance in place."
There is design work being done, although that's in its early stages as well. In fact, ASU is holding a press conference on the matter Wednesday in Tempe, at which time, some of those sketches could be revealed.
"We do have concepts and we're looking at timing and pricing and how to get it built," Patterson said.
The improvements for athletic facilities are not limited to Sun Devil Stadium. Patterson also spoke about the baseball partnership ASU has with the Chicago Cubs to share a new complex in Mesa upon its completion in 2013 and a facelift for Wells Fargo Arena, which has housed Sun Devil basketball since 1974.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works