Lawyer: Amanda Bynes leaves inpatient treatment
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A lawyer for Amanda Bynes says the actress has left an inpatient mental health treatment facility and is back with her parents.
Attorney Tamar Arminak on Thursday confirmed the 27-year-old actress's release after several months of treatment.
Bynes has been in treatment since July, when she was placed on a psychiatric hold after starting a fire in a driveway in her hometown of Thousand Oaks, Calif. Her mother, Lynn Bynes, was granted a temporary conservatorship over the actress, but the case was dismissed because Amanda Bynes' care was being overseen by a mental health court.
Arminak wrote in a statement to People magazine that Amanda Bynes' treatment will continue and she is considering returning to school to study fashion design.
Bynes' release was first reported by celebrity website RadarOnline.com.
The actress starred in the Nickelodeon show "All That" and her own variety series.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!