NFL.com's Brandt impressed with Brock Osweiler
NFL.com's Gil Brandt is in the camp who is a firm believer in Osweiler's raw talent and potential to be a successful quarterback in the NFL.
"He's a tremendous athlete," Brandt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "I think he's got a way to go. I wish he would have run a little faster. But I do think that he has a lot of upside."
Osweiler didn't run the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine but was timed in the low 4.9 second range at his pro day workout. However, scouts did come away impressed with Osweiler's mobility and footwork.
Brandt surmises there could be a fourth quarterback picked in the first round this year and has Osweiler is the group of potential signal callers that could be taken.
"I invited Brock Osweiler to come to the draft and I told him logically he's probably around 40 in there, but he does have a chance maybe to slip into the first round," Brandt stated.
Despite potentially being one of draft day's surprises, Osweiler declined the invitation to attend.
Brandt believes, due to the fact Osweiler plays a position that is a premium, the quarterback's services are likely to be coveted.
"When you're drafting quarterbacks, you've got to reach out a little bit because they're a commodity and it isn't not that often you get a chance to draft somebody like [Osweiler] that has that much talent," Brandt stated.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works