TV mogul Simon Cowell says he'll be a dad
LONDON (AP) - British TV mogul Simon Cowell says he's looking forward to being a father, his first public confirmation that he will be having a child with married New York socialite Lauren Silverman.
Cowell, who had previously dodged questions about the affair, told the BBC that "things are changing in my life right now, for the better," adding: "I'm proud to be a dad."
The 53-year-old talent show curmudgeon said Silverman is "a very special girl" and that while he hadn't thought of fatherhood before, "now I know I feel good about it."
Cowell was speaking at the world premiere of the film "One Direction: This Is Us" in London on Tuesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!