TV mogul Simon Cowell says he'll be a dad
LONDON (AP) - British TV mogul Simon Cowell says he's looking forward to being a father, his first public confirmation that he will be having a child with married New York socialite Lauren Silverman.
Cowell, who had previously dodged questions about the affair, told the BBC that "things are changing in my life right now, for the better," adding: "I'm proud to be a dad."
The 53-year-old talent show curmudgeon said Silverman is "a very special girl" and that while he hadn't thought of fatherhood before, "now I know I feel good about it."
Cowell was speaking at the world premiere of the film "One Direction: This Is Us" in London on Tuesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.