Lindsay Lohan vows her troubled past is behind her
NEW YORK (AP) - Lindsay Lohan says this time it's going to be different.
In an interview that aired Sunday with Oprah Winfrey, the trouble-prone actress declared that this, her sixth stint in rehab, has put her on a path of recovery.
Lohan said she's in "a different head space" now and vowed to stay "present and clear-headed and focused."
"I feel whole again," she told Winfrey, "and I have such a desire to want to keep this feeling and stay this way, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes."
Lohan, 27, completed her latest court-ordered stay in rehab in July. She must continue therapy into late next year.
She acknowledged an addiction to alcohol, which "in the past was a gateway to other things for me," but she offered no specifics other than cocaine, which she said she has used no more than 15 times.
Winfrey asked her what she's on these days. Lohan replied, "Vitamins."
"You're not on any prescription drugs?" Winfrey pressed.
"No, no," Lohan insisted, then checked herself: "I take Nexium. Because I have acid reflux."
Clad in a form-fitting orange dress, Lohan said a comfort level with her past chaotic life had fed her much-reported partying and her brushes with the law. But she added that she takes full blame for her mistakes.
When Winfrey asked if she can turn her life around this time, Lohan said with no hesitation, "Yeah."
The interview aired as an episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter" on the Oprah Winfrey Network, which will spotlight Lohan next year in an eight-part docuseries based on her life.
During the hour, an advertisement appeared for Cliffside Malibu, the rehab facility where Lohan was recently residing. That ad boasted of a treatment program so successful, it's guaranteed.
Lohan's latest film, "The Canyons," is currently in limited release.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!