Report: Vontaze Burfict failed drug test
From NFL insider Jay Glazer:
NFL teams were informed this week of 2 more players of note who have flunked drug tests: ASU LB Vontaze Burfict and Va Tech CB JayRon Hosley— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) April 25, 2012
Burfict has already been dogged by a history of personal foul penalties, diminishing productivity and a dreadful performance at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. This latest red flag may be the last straw for NFL teams who were still considering using a pick on the linebacker.
According to another report from NFL reporter Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, Burfict admitted past marijuana use to NFL teams during the interview process at the Combine.
"I talked to some teams, and I told them I had smoked marijuana before," Burfict told Scout. "It's not like I'm the only person that has ever done that."
When asked if he still smokes marijuana, Burfict replied: "No, of course not. I don't smoke anymore."
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works