Report: Vontaze Burfict failed drug test
From NFL insider Jay Glazer:
NFL teams were informed this week of 2 more players of note who have flunked drug tests: ASU LB Vontaze Burfict and Va Tech CB JayRon Hosley— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) April 25, 2012
Burfict has already been dogged by a history of personal foul penalties, diminishing productivity and a dreadful performance at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. This latest red flag may be the last straw for NFL teams who were still considering using a pick on the linebacker.
According to another report from NFL reporter Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, Burfict admitted past marijuana use to NFL teams during the interview process at the Combine.
"I talked to some teams, and I told them I had smoked marijuana before," Burfict told Scout. "It's not like I'm the only person that has ever done that."
When asked if he still smokes marijuana, Burfict replied: "No, of course not. I don't smoke anymore."
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.