NFL analyst says Brock Osweiler will go early in draft
"He might even be a first round pick," ESPN's Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "These guys are going to be pushed up, teams that need quarterbacks.
"I'll say, I wouldn't be shocked, but he'll clearly be gone by the second round."
Osweiler has seen his draft stock steadily rise since the end of a junior season that saw him throw for 4,036 yards and 26 touchdowns. He led the Sun Devils to the Maaco Bowl Las Vegas, but finished the year on a five-game losing streak.
And he only started 15 games in his collegiate career.
"When you look at Brock and see what he's done," Jaworski continued, "you watch the throws he made; you only need one person to fall in love with you...you only need one person to fall in love with you to really move up into that first round."
Osweiler has been linked to the Denver Broncos, among other teams, who hold the 25th pick in the first round.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.